As an ecommerce site, we actively encourage spot orders. However, since our warehouse inventory is sold on a first come first served basis, there is a possibility that we might be out of stock of a product that you know you’ll need. So, how can you make sure there are no gaps in your inventory?
The solution is a contract. In this case, we would ship the contracted inventory directly from the factory to one of our warehouses in the US, which has a typical lead time of 60 to 90 days, then it would be reserved for you. But you should know, there is a tradeoff with guaranteed inventory when it comes to pricing.
Mandatory customer requirements
- You must be an existing customer on olamnuts.com who has ordered from us before, with a positive business history. You will also need to have prior experience with the category
- The contract quantity should be at least one pallet per pull (minimum order quantity)
- You must either be based in the US or purchasing your product in the US for domestic consumption or exports. We do not offer non-US or Canadian port contracts on olamnuts.com. If you’re looking for non-US or Canadian port export contracts, we can connect you with the OFI office in that region
Contract information needed
- Product category and grade name (ex. Raw Cashew Whole 320)
- Quantity of stocks (in pallets) you will need
- Pickup and/or delivery period (varying from 3 to 6 months)
- Agreed upon price (can be discussed by clicking the “make an offer” link on the specific product page or by speaking to a salesperson)
- Payment terms (mostly prepayment, with a 20% down payment at the time of contract. Only the stocks being pulled need to be paid for. Not the entire value of the contract)
For example, a 6,000 lbs. contract over April - June period would read:
“W320 $3.20/lbs. EXW-NJ, 6,000 lbs.
2,000 lbs. – April
2,000 lbs. – May
2,000 lbs. – June”
Contract request tutorial
1. Click “make an offer” on the specific product page
2. Mention the quantity, price, time period requested and/or discussed with sales
Once the offer has been submitted and accepted, you will receive a link. Using that link, you will be able to add the products to your cart and checkout. Contracts can be managed on olamnuts.com under “My Accounts” > “My Contracts.”