Our Blanched Slivered Almonds are the perfect fit for our customers who are looking to give an edge to their meal or in their products. They almonds are made by first removing the skin from the almond. They are then put through a warm bath, a process called blanching, and the kernels become so soft that the skin can be pinched right off as they are passed through rubber rollers. This is done so that these almonds can then be slivered to the desired thickness.
These matchstick shaped almonds will provide our customers a unique crunch and texture in their salads, and they can pair these almonds perfectly in grain bowls in addition to using them in stir-fry. When roasted and/or flavored our Blanched Slivered Almonds are a delicious ingredient addition to any snack. For the full product specification sheet of our Blanched Slivered Almonds please click here.
Our customers can purchase bulk Almonds and wholesale Almonds. For more information on our warehouses please click here.
These almonds are produced in different thickness:
- Blanched Slivered Almonds Reg: These almonds are cut length-wise to a thickness of +/- 8/64” (3.1mm) and is the standard, most popular size for their versatility and function.
- Blanched Slivered Almonds Thick: These almonds are cut length-wise to a thickness of +/- 12/64” (4.7mm) and are the thickest grade we make for special applications requiring a more substantial sliver.
- Blanched Slivered Almonds Thin: These almonds are cut length-wise to a thickness of +/- 5/64” (2.0mm) and are the thinnest size for their versatility and function for a delicate usage.
When it comes to packing, we offer these in an industry standard 25 lbs carton with a liner, to keep the product in its freshest form from production to the time it is open for use. We can offer bulk purchase in the option of 60 cartons x 25 lbs. = 1,500 lbs.
Almonds are amongst American’s favorite superfoods, and for good reason as they are loaded with nutrients, minerals, fiber, protein and more. They have all the healthy goodness our customers need in only one ounce of serving, containing the following:
- Protein: 6 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Fat: 14 g
- Vitamin E: 37 percent of the RDI
- Magnesium: 20 percent of the RDI
- Manganese: 32 percent of the RDI
Almonds are also loaded with healthy antioxidants that can help protect consumers from oxidative stress that lead to health disorders such as cancer, inflammation and age-related issues.
Consuming almonds also helps in the effective management of weight, sugar levels, blood pressure levels, cholesterol levels, and more.