Our Blanched Diced Almonds are the perfect fit for any customer who is looking to give an edge to their meal or in their products. These almonds, which are produced at our Hughson Nut facility, are made by first removing the skin from the almond. The almonds are then put through a warm bath, a process called blanching and the kernels become so soft that the skin can be pinched right off as they are passed through rubber rollers. This is done so that a pure white almond can then be diced to the desired sizes.
Our customers can purchase bulk Almonds and wholesale Almonds. For more information on our warehouses please click here.
These almonds are creamy white color and can be purchased in either bulk or wholesale. Our Hughson Nut almond facility produces these almonds in several sizes:
- Blanched Diced Almonds 12/8 Small: This has a standard 2-4 mm diced sizing.
- Blanched Diced Almonds 22/8 Medium: This has a standard 3-5 mm diced sizing and is especially used in baking and confectionary applications.
- Blanched Diced Almonds 30/16 Large: This has a standard 5-7 mm diced sizing and is popular as a snacking option.
Olam customers can use their Blanched Diced Almonds in a few simple ways:
- Sprinkle on your pancakes
- Add it to your ice cream or yogurt
- Bake it with your muffins
- As garnish in your pasta salad
- Chop them as an ingredient in your chicken tenders
Almonds are amongst American’s favorite superfoods, and for good reason as they are loaded with nutrients, minerals, fiber, protein and more. They have all the healthy goodness our customers need in only one ounce of serving, containing the following:
- Protein: 6 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Fat: 14 g
- Vitamin E: 37 percent of the RDI
- Magnesium: 20 percent of the RDI
- Manganese: 32 percent of the RDI
Almonds are also loaded with healthy antioxidants that can help protect consumers from oxidative stress that lead to health disorders such as cancer, inflammation and age-related issues.
Consuming almonds also helps in the effective management of weight, sugar levels, blood pressure levels, cholesterol levels, and more.